[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral position in Paris

Thomas Watson thomas.watson203 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:34:30 CET 2015

A full-time post-doctoral position is available in the Cerebellum,
Navigation and Memory Team at the UPMC in Paris under the direction of Dr
Laure Rondi-Reig.

*http://www.ibps.upmc.fr/en/research/neuroscience/cezame
<http://www.ibps.upmc.fr/en/research/neuroscience/cezame>*

We investigate interactions between the cerebellum (the largest
sensorimotor structure in the brain) and hippocampus (a well described
navigation structure). Convergent evidence points towards an
anatomo-functional link between these two structures in different species,
including rodents and humans. However, the physiological substrate of this
communication remains unknown.

In our quest to identify this missing link, we employ a range of in vivo
electrophysiological (single cell and local field potential) recording,
anatomical tracing, optogenetic and behavioural experiments to decipher how
these two disparate brain structures communicate during navigation tasks.

In particular, we are currently comparing interaction dynamics between the
two regions during virtual reality and similar real-world experiments in
wild type and cerebellar mutant mice utilizing advanced dual-recording
electrophysiology techniques.

These experiments generate vast quantities of behavioral and physiological
data. Therefore, we are seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher
with a strong background in signal processing to join us on this exciting
project. Candidates must be willing to work as part of a team to help
developing both analysis and experimental methods.

For further information please contact Dr Laure Rondi-Reig (
laure.rondi-reig at upmc.fr).

*Job Information:*
Contract length:1 year-possibility to renew
Institution:CNRS-UPMC
Department:Neurosciences Paris Seine

*Contact Information:*
Laure Rondi-Reig
Institut Biologie Paris Seine (IBPS)
Neurosiences Paris Seine (CNRS-Inserm-UPMC)
UPMC
9 quai saint Bernard
Paris