[Comp-neuro] Research Staff Member opening at NeuroMentix
cpeck at neuromentix.com
Thu Jun 4 17:18:32 CEST 2015
NeuroMentix is seeking candidates for a Research Staff Member opening.
NeuroMentix is an early stage start up dedicated to a new,
groundbreaking class of artificial intelligence technologies closely
modeled after the brain. The Research Staff Member will initially
participate in government funded research to refine, adapt, and
demonstrate the technology. As our approach has important implications
for understanding and modeling global brain function, we believe a
career with NeuroMentix has the potential for a truly transformative,
positive impact on science, technology, and our world.
The selected Research Staff Member will participate in the development,
demonstration, and application of a new class of biologically-inspired,
network-based artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies.
The responsibilities include requirements analysis; network and
component design, implementation, and testing; experimental design and
analysis; documentation of inventions and scientific results through
patents, technical reports and scientific publications; presentations
and demonstrations to customers and other researchers.
* A PhD in computational neuroscience, computer science, machine
learning, cognitive systems, electrical engineering, physics, or a
* Two years of development experience with C/C++
* Two years of development experience in a UNIX/Linux environment
* Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research
* Working knowledge of functional neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, machine
learning techniques, non-linear dynamical systems, and neural networks
* Preferred availability by August 2015
* One year of experience with a computational neuroscience simulator
(NEST is preferred)
* Demonstrated expertise with generative neural networks, such as deep
* Experience with robot control or software automaton design,
development and testing
* Demonstrated experience with team software development and integration
* Expertise with key results and methodologies from experimental psychology
If you are a highly driven, adaptable, and impactful researcher, please
send your resume and contact information to employment at neuromentix.com.
NeuroMentix is located in Newtown, CT, USA. More information about
NeuroMentix can be found at www.neuromentix.com.
NeuroMentix is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be a US
citizen or possess US work authorization. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual
orientation, veteran status, age, or disability. NeuroMentix
participates in E-Verify.
More information about the Comp-neuro