[Comp-neuro] CARLsim 3.0.2 released
mbeyeler at uci.edu
Thu Jul 23 19:23:32 CEST 2015
Many of you may be interested in our latest software release of the
CARLsim simulator. CARLsim is an efficient, easy-to-use, GPU-accelerated
library for simulating large-scale spiking neural network (SNN) models
with a high degree of biological detail. Software and documentation can
be found at:
This release is in conjunction with our latest publications, which
highlight CARLsim’s latest features.
* Beyeler, M., Carlson, K.D., Chou, T.S., Krichmar, J.L., Dutt, N.,
(2015) CARLsim 3: A User-Friendly and Highly Optimized Library for the
Creation of Neurobiologically Detailed Spiking Neural Networks. Paper
presented at: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks
* Beyeler, M., Richert, M., Dutt, N.D., and Krichmar, J.L. (2014).
Efficient Spiking Neural Network Model of Pattern Motion Selectivity in
Visual Cortex. Neuroinformatics.
* Carlson, K.D., Nageswaran, J.M., Dutt, N., and Krichmar, J.L. (2014).
An efficient automated parameter tuning framework for spiking neural
networks. Frontiers in Neuroscience 8.
* Carlson, K.D., Richert, M., Dutt, N., and Krichmar, J.L. (2013).
Biologically Plausible Models of Homeostasis and STDP: Stability and
Learning in Spiking Neural Networks. Paper presented at: International
Joint Conference on Neural Networks (Dallas, TX).
If you have recently used CARLsim in one of your scientific
publications, let us know so that we can add your paper to the list.
CARLsim 3.0.2 Release Highlights
* improved platform compatibility (Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows)
* real-time and offline data analysis tools
* an automated parameter tuning interface that utilizes evolutionary
algorithms to construct functional SNNs
* an expanded STDP implementation, which includes dopaminergic
* an exhaustive User Guide and Tutorials
* much improved code base, which includes a test suite for functional
Best regards from the CARLsim team,
Cognitive Anteater Robotics Lab (CARL)
2236 Cognitive & Behavioral Science Gateway
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-5100, USA
More information about the Comp-neuro