[Comp-neuro] Job Posting: Research Engineer or Scientist in Machine Learning
bgholami at aretexeng.com
Tue Aug 4 05:26:09 CEST 2015
*Research Engineer/Scientist, Machine Learning*
*AreteX Engineering – New York, NY*
AreteX Engineering, a medical technology startup company accelerating the
use of information technology in healthcare, has an immediate opening for a
Research Engineer/Scientist in its office located in New York City, SoHo
district. AreteX is a former resident of the Harvard Innovation Lab (ilab)
and a current resident of the NYU Incubator. The company has received
grants from the Department of Defense and the National Science Foundation.
The position involves developing machine learning algorithms for innovative
biomedical technologies involving physiological signal processing and big
data. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly talented individual with
an excellent background in machine learning (statistical learning theory).
The successful candidate will work closely with a team of physicians,
nurses, engineers, and scientists in designing new clinical decision
Candidates with experience in the analysis of experimental data derived
from---but not limited to---auditory/visual/cross-sensory psychophysical,
EEG, ECG, and galvanic-skin conductance, data would be given a higher
- MS or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, biomedical
engineering, applied mathematics, or a similar discipline.
- Expertise and innovation in methods, theory, and application of
machine learning and data mining with a broad understanding of
methodological approaches and proficiency in practice.
- Expert abilities to work with new data sets regardless of prior
exposure to current topic.
- Strong interest in research and learning new technologies.
- Proficient at writing technical papers/reports/presentations.
- Experience with Python.
- Familiarity with large data sets, cloud-based development and
deployment, open source practices and frameworks is a plus.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals or U.S. permanent
- Collaborate with a team of machine learning, control engineering, and
signal processing researchers.
- Provide technical expertise to address supervised and unsupervised
learning problems in an applied research environment.
- Develop and deploy modern machine learning and statistical methods
(CART and Random Forests, deep learning, clustering and classification
algorithms, Bayesian models, neural networks, support vector machines, and
probabilistic graphical models) for finding patterns and models from
- Prior expertise and exposure using non-invasive human physiological
measures such as EEG, ECG, galvanic-skin conductance, or other
categorically similar methodologies.
- Prior experience in feature extraction from physiological signals.
- Experience working with quantitative methods of neural data analysis.
- Experience with speech, audio, or video technologies.
Send your cover letter and CV to info at aretexeng.com.
Behnood Gholami, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer
137 Varick St., 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013
Phone: (347) 774-1617
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro