[Comp-neuro] Online course (Gerstner), starting Oct 27, Computational Neuroscience of Single Neurons

Dane Corneil dane at corneil.ca
Wed Oct 22 15:38:26 CEST 2014

On behalf of Prof. Gerstner:

------

Dear all,

After a first run of our Online-Course last year, we offer the course

'Neuronal Dynamics - Computational Neuroscience of Single Neurons'

a second time this fall on the EdX platform, see

https://www.edx.org/course/epflx/epflx-bio465-1x-neuronal-dynamics-4281

                   Start: Oct. 27, Duration 7 weeks.

Registration possible until Nov. 9

The online course covers parts I and II of the textbook:

Neuronal Dynamics - from single neurons to cognition,
http://neuronaldynamics.epfl.ch/
by W. Gerstner, W.M. Kistler, R. Naud and L. Paninski
Cambridge University Press 2014

Students who would like to have an introduction into the field of Neuron
Modeling, (Hodgkin-Huxley, Integrate-and-Fire, Generalized Linear Model) are
welcome to enroll to take the online course, either as auditors or for
certificate.

best regards

Wulfram Gerstner

--
Wulfram Gerstner         Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience
Professor                Brain Mind Institute