[Comp-neuro] Tenure-Line Faculty Position in Applied Mathematics and Statistics

aamarasingham at ccny.cuny.edu aamarasingham at ccny.cuny.edu
Sun Nov 23 01:55:03 CET 2014

Dear Colleagues,

The Mathematics department at The City College of New York (CCNY) is hiring
two tenure-line faculty this year.  At least one of these positions is targeted for
applied mathematics, probability, and/or statistics. Interdisciplinary research in
Neuroscience is currently a targeted growth area at CCNY and CUNY, so
researchers who focus on applications of mathematics or statistics to
neuroscience are encouraged to apply. The official closing date for applications
is December 31, 2014. See below for the full announcement.

Best regards,
Asohan Amarasingham

The Department of Mathematics of the City College of New York invites
applications for one or two tenure-track faculty positions. The positions are
primarily targeted at the level of Assistant Professor, but the Associate Professor
and Professor ranks will also be possible for outstanding established
researchers. The starting date is August 27, 2015.

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES

Preference for one of the positions will be given to a researcher in probability,
statistics and/or applied and computational mathematics. Preference will also be
given to applicants working in one or more other areas of current departmental
research including number theory, dynamics, group theory, logic, combinatorics,
differential geometry, and applied mathematics. Researchers whose areas bridge
existing departmental research areas, and exceptional candidates in all areas,
will also be considered. Duties will include teaching a range of courses at the
undergraduate and graduate levels. The successful applicant will be expected to
continue an active research program supported in part by external funding.

REQUIREMENTS

Requirements include a Ph.D. or equivalent awarded by September, 2015,
significant achievements or outstanding potential in research, and evidence of
and commitment to excellence in teaching. Candidates with at least two years
experience after the Ph.D. degree in a mathematical research or teaching
position will be given strong preference. Exceptional candidates with less
experience may also be considered.

COMPENSATION

Commensurate with qualifications and experience.

CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering
health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and
savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research,
scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty
professional development.

HOW TO APPLY

To apply, please submit a C.V. and statements detailing research and teaching
interests at CUNY's Employment page (www.cuny.edu, Job-id 11759).

In addition to applying on cuny.edu, please submit an application to Math
Search, CCNY Math Department, via www.mathjobs.org. The application should
include a C.V, publication list, statements detailing research and teaching
interests, and four letters of reference, three addressing research and one
addressing teaching qualifications.

Any difficulties with the application process can be addressed to: Mr. Jason
Redman via email to jredman at ccny.cuny.edu Or by telephoning (212) 650-5173

CLOSING DATE

December 31, 2014, late applications of exceptional candidates may still be
considered.

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively
encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply.
We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence
through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.