[Comp-neuro] New code repository for Comp Neuro undergrad course materials

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:23:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have taught two introductory comp neuro classes based mostly on Hugh
Wilson's great book, with some additional material from Izhikevich's
recent book. The course is intended to be a very practical
introduction to the basics of DEs and dynamical systems for modeling
neural systems. It focuses on electrophysiology of single neurons and
small networks, and is split between lecture and lab format. I have
updated a lot of the codes from Wilson's book and put them into
PyDSTool, or at least in Python. I never got the chance to rigorously
organize these codes, but have decided to post them on github as they
are because I've already been contacted by some instructors who wanted
to to use PyDSTool for their comp neuro class. There are some homework
and project ideas up there too. Feel free to fork and contribute on
github for others to benefit from any further input.

https://github.com/robclewley/compneuro
http://www.ni.gsu.edu/~rclewley/Teaching/CompNeuro/NEUR4030.html

Best,
Rob