[Comp-neuro] 2 PhD positions, Computational Cognitive Neuroimaging, Uni of Birmingham, UK

Uta Noppeney uta.noppeney at tuebingen.mpg.de
Tue Dec 9 11:49:24 CET 2014

*2 PhD positions in Computational Cognitive Neuroimaging; University of
Birmingham, UK*
In our natural dynamic environment our senses are constantly bombarded
with many different signals. How does the human brain integrate
information from multiple senses during perception? To study the neural
mechanisms of multisensory perceptionand learning, we combine
psychophysics, functional imaging (fMRI, EEG/MEG & interleaved TMS-fMRI)
and models of Bayesian Inference and learning.
The Computational Cognitive Neuroimaging Group (Prof Uta Noppeney) is
seeking 2 enthusiastic PhD candidates. Applicants should have astrong
quantitative background and a degree in neuroscience, psychology,
computer science, physics, medicine or related areas. Prior experience
in functional imaging, MatLab, data analysis or machine learning would
be an advantage.
The lab is part of the Computational Neuroscience and Cognitive Robotics
Centre and the Department of Psychology of the University of Birmingham,
UK. The centre provides an excellent multidisciplinary and collaborative
research environment combining expertise in cognitive neuroimaging,
psychophysics and computational neuroscience.

Applications will be considered until the positions are filled. Starting
dates are flexible. The PhD position (including stipend + fees for EU
students) is funded for three years. For further information, please
contact u.noppeney at bham.ac.uk <mailto:u.noppeney at bham.ac.uk> and see
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/cncr/index.aspx
<http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/psychology/index.aspx>
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/psychology/people/profile.aspx?ReferenceId=29516

<http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIM528/research-fellow/>Please send
application including CV, statement of research interests, and the names
and full contact details of two referees to:u.noppeney at bham.ac.uk
<mailto:u.noppeney at bham.ac.uk>