[Comp-neuro] BNA2015: Festival of Neuroscience (Edinburgh UK, 12th-15th April 2015)
N.Ramnani at rhul.ac.uk
Sat Dec 6 20:18:59 CET 2014
In case this has not reached your attention, I just wanted to alert you to BNA2015: Festival of Neuroscience (12th - 15th April 2015, EICC, Edinburgh, UK). This is the biennial meeting of the British Neuroscience Association. Topics cover most areas of neuroscience.
The deadline for poster abstracts is approaching (17.00h GMT on MONDAY 15 DECEMBER 2015).
Programme details can be found at http://www.bna2015.org/programme
~250 talks in 60 symposia and wide-interest special events<http://www.bna2015.org/programme/#specialevents> organised into eight themes<http://www.bna2015.org/programme/details/>
BNA 50th Anniversary Lecture:?
* ???Professor John O'Keefe, University College London, London, UK - Nobel Laureate for Physiology or Medicine, 2014.
* ?Professor Dame Kay Davies, University of Oxford, UK: "Links between psychiatric disorders and abnormal circadian rhythms"
* Professor Annette C Dolphin, University College London, UK: "Neuronal voltage-gated calcium channels: from channel trafficking to therapy for neuropathic pain"
* Professor Thomas M Jessell, Columbia University, USA: "Strategies and circuits for motor control"
* Professor Richard G M Morris, University of Edinburgh, UK: "The making, keeping and losing of memory"
* Professor Giacomo Rizzolatti, University of Parma, Italy: "Understanding others: a neural mechanism"
* Professor Susumu Tonegawa, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA - Nobel Laureate for Physiology or Medicine, 1987 - "Memory engram cells have come of age"
* Professor Lorraine Tyler, University of Cambridge, UK: "From perception to conception: the evolution of meaning along the ventral stream"
* Professor David Nutt (Imperial College London, UK), "How Scotland can use neuroscience to lead the world in drugs and alcohol policy??"
* Dr Adrian Owen (University of Western Ontario, Canada), "The search for consciousness"
Apologies if you have received this information already.
Professor of Neuroscience (Royal Holloway, University of London)
Programme Chair, BNA2015
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro