[Comp-neuro] FW: PhD/Researcher positions in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineering
morgado at uma.pt
Sat Aug 9 13:48:30 CEST 2014
Positions 3 and 4 might be interesting for the community.
PhD/Researcher positions in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineering
The research group of Prof. Morgado Dias (Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute - Partner of the Carnegie Mellon University - Portugal program) is looking for PhD students and researchers for:
(1) Monitoring and Fault detection in Photovoltaic parks (funded project-1year-possible follow-up with a PhD)
(2) 3D Image Processing (funded project-1year- possible follow-up with a PhD)
(3) Hardware for Artificial Neural Networks, with emphasis on emerging architectures (PhD, but needs to be externally funded)
(4) FPGA prototype for detecting sleep APNEA disorders (PhD – needs to apply to a specific program in Portugal for funding if required)
Information about the Institute, University and Region:
Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute - Partner of the Carnegie Mellon University - Portugal program, is an innovation institute established as an associated independent non-profit R&D organization whose founding members are the University of Madeira, Madeira Tecnopolo S. A. and Carnegie Mellon University.
Recently awarded a 2,4M€ funding, Madeira-ITI operates in the interdisciplinary domain of human-computer interaction encapsulating contributions from computer science, psychology and design in order to address/engage in important scientific and technological challenges that are both relevant to society and have significant economic impact (www.m-iti.org <http://www.m-iti.org> ).
The University of Madeira is an active public university integrated in Portuguese Higher Education System and the European Community.
Madeira is a small island with paradisiac living conditions and warm people. Recently elected as the Best European Island, you will find in a small place a diversity of landscapes that go from the beach to the mountain with low living costs and almost no crime.
Prof. Morgado Dias research expertise includes Artificial Neural Networks, FPGAs and Renewable Energy.
More information can be found at: http://www.cee.uma.pt/morgado/
Profile for candidates:
(1) A master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering or Computer Engineering (preferred) or an undergraduate degree in the same areas, completed before arrival.
(2) Good oral and spoken English as well as good communication skills. TOEFL or IELTS scores are encouraged. At least the English proficiency that fulfills the requirements of CSC applications is necessary.
(3) Teamwork spirit.
(4) Self-motivation and independent working ability.
(5) Knowledge of and research experience related to the above fields are strongly preferred.
(6) Previous published work and interest in pursuing a PhD is preferred.
If you are interested, please address your motivation letter (with a brief description of yourself, research ability & interest) and CV to: morgadoatuma.pt <mailto:morgado at uma.pt>
Este email está livre de vírus e malware porque a proteção avast! Antivirus está ativa.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro