[Comp-neuro] PhD and PostDoc position in multichannel electrophysiology and optogenetics in behaving rodents

Anton Sirota anton.sirota at cin.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Jan 10 15:47:48 CET 2013

Please, bring it to the attention of the interested potential candidates.

--------------------------

Laboratory “Physiology of Cortico-Hippocampal Interactions” at the
Center for Integrative Neurosciences (CIN) at the University of
Tuebingen (Germany) is looking for a highly motivated and bright PhD
students and PostDocs.

Our group is part of the interdisciplinary scientific environment
(http://www.cin.uni-tuebingen.de). Research in the lab is focused on the
mechanisms of learning and memory. Specifically, we are exploring the
mechanisms of information transfer within and between the neocortex and
hippocampus. Our approach employs state-of-the-art multichannel
extracellular recording in freely moving rodents, quantitative behavior
analysis, optogenetic and electrical perturbation and advanced signal
processing and data mining.

Applicants are expected to be creative, communicative and capable of
independent analytical thinking. Background in biology/physiology and/or
physics/engineering/computer science is required. Experience in in vivo
physiology (electrophysiology or optical imaging) is a plus.

Applications should include a CV, a brief statement of research
experience and interests, academic achievements and names of at least 2
referees. Please, send your application electronically as a single .pdf
file to Dr Anton Sirota (anton.sirota at cin.uni-tuebingen.de
<mailto:anton.sirota at cin.uni-tuebingen.de>).

Positions are available immediately until filled with qualified candidates.

--
Dr. Anton Sirota
Center for Integrative Neuroscience
e-mail. anton.sirota at cin.uni-tuebingen.de