[Comp-neuro] Faculty positions at Imperial College London

Simon Schultz s.schultz at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Dec 10 11:32:13 CET 2013

Dear Colleague,

There is currently an open round for Lecturers/Senior Lecturers (US
equivalent Assistant/Associate Professors) in the Department of
Bioengineering at Imperial College London. I would like to encourage
applications in the area of neurotechnology, and particularly
translational/clinical neurotechnology, to apply for this round. We have
recently been awarded a £10M EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in
Neurotechnology, which will award approximately fourteen 4-year PhD
studentships per year. Successful faculty applicants in this area would
become members of the new Imperial College Centre for Neurotechnology.

For more information on the Centre, see
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/neurotechnology.

--

Lecturers/Senior Lecturers (open call)

*Imperial College London*- Department of Bioengineering

*Lecturer salary range £45,040 to £50,190 per annum*

*Senior Lecturer minimum salary £55,340 per annum*

Due to rapid growth and the strategic importance of the discipline of
bioengineering at Imperial College London, the Department of
Bioengineering wishes to appoint a number of individuals at Lecturer or
Senior Lecturer grade.  This is an open call in which we are looking for
outstanding candidates in any field of Bioengineering. Additionally, as
the department is making multiple appointments for strategic reasons, it
particularly welcomes applications from individuals working in one of
the two areas listed below:

.Regenerative Medicine/Tissue Engineering

.Bioengineering of cancer detection, diagnosis, pathogenesis and/or
treatment

Candidates should have an advanced degree (PhD or equivalent) in an
appropriate science or engineering discipline and will have demonstrated
an ability to generate and execute research at an
internationally-leading level. Evidence of teaching at all levels is
also required.

For an informal discussion please contact the Head of Department,
Professor Anthony Bull: email a.bull at imperial.ac.uk
<file://localhost/C:/Users/grae/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Documents%20and%20Settings/sheena/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/26DMDUMR/a.bull@imperial.ac.uk>
or telephone 020 7594 5186.

Our preferred method of application is online via our website at the
following link: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment (select "Job
Search" and enter the job reference no. *EN20130453FH*).  Please
complete and upload the application form as directed.

/Imperial Managers lead by example./
<http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/hr/procedures/support/opportunities/expectations>

*Closing date: *05 January 2014.

/Committed to equality and valuing diversity. Imperial is also an Athena
Silver SWAN Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Two Ticks
Employer./

--

Simon R Schultz
Royal Society Industry Fellow