[Comp-neuro] 2013 Gordon Research Conference in Neuroethology

Hans Hofmann hans at utexas.edu
Sat Apr 20 17:05:25 CEST 2013

The 2013 Gordon Research Conference in Neuroethology will take place August
18 through 23, 2013, at Mount Snow Resort (Vermont). The overall theme of
the 2013 meeting will be "Modules, Circuits, and Networks". A detailed
program and application information are available at
http://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?year=2013&program=neureth.

The sixth Neuroethology GRC will be taking place at a time when classical
neuroethological topics on sensory and motor systems are increasingly
integrated with molecular and genomic approaches, social neuroscience,
computational neurobiology, and robotics. The pace of progress in these
areas has been breath-taking due to advances in "high-throughput" and
computational technologies as well as progress in analytical and modeling
techniques. We believe this is an opportune time for all researchers
interested in the neural basis of behavior to reflect on what these
approaches have allowed us to learn about the neural and molecular
underpinnings of natural behavior. We also need to explore how we can
harness these varied approaches in diverse model systems and within a
comparative framework to ask fundamental questions in novel and innovative
ways that will lead to future breakthroughs.

As Co-Chairs of the 2013 Neuroethology GRC we invite you to participate in
this exciting conference in a beautiful setting. We expect an outstanding
and diverse group of scientists at the forefront of research. We
particularly invite younger scientists and students to attend.

Trainees are encouraged to register for the associated Gordon Research
Seminar (http://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?year=2013&program=grs_neuret)
that will immediately precede the conference. The *International Society of
Neuroethology* will support a number of trainees with Heiligenberg Student
Travel Awards (for application details see
http://www.neuroethology.org/ebusisne/AWARDS/HeiligenbergTravelAwards.aspx).
The application deadline is 30 April 2013.

We very much look forward to seeing you in August!

Heather Eisthen and Hans Hofmann

Co-Chairs, 2013 GRC in Neuroethology