[Comp-neuro] Obsolete brain imaging formats?

Arno Klein arno at binarybottle.com
Wed Apr 17 06:16:35 CEST 2013

A colleague interested in data archiving posed the following question to me:

"I would really like to know if anyone ... has come across a format of
brain imaging that had gone obsolete or is perhaps in danger of going
obsolete. I mean this in the sense of a format falling out of use and then
becoming unplayable or unavailable to researchers. Perhaps there is imaging
from the 1980's that is no longer able to be accessed due to loss of
playback machines or loss of people who know how to use it?"

Any feedback would be appreciated!

​C​
heers,
@rno