[Comp-neuro] Postdoc position in psychophysics and modeling

Wei Ji Ma wjma at cpu.bcm.edu
Tue Sep 18 02:16:20 CEST 2012

Department of Neuroscience
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX

Postdoc in human psychophysics and mathematical modeling

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position (minimum 2 years)
in the laboratory of Dr. Wei Ji Ma (http://neuro.bcm.edu/malab) in the
Department of Neuroscience at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston,
Texas.

The long-range goal of our lab is to understand decision-making under
uncertainty. Our methods include human psychophysics, mathematical
modeling of behavior, and theoretical neuroscience. Recent publications
have been in the areas of visual perception, visual short-term memory,
visual attention, and multisensory perception.

Applicants should have a Ph.D. and experience in both psychophysics and
modeling/theory. Good analytical and programming skills are required.
Expertise in machine learning is an advantage.

To apply, please send CV, statement of interest, and the names and
contact information of two references to Wei Ji Ma at wjma at bcm.edu.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and will end when
the position is filled. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate
with experience and qualifications. Baylor College of Medicine is an
Equal-Opportunity, Affirmative-Action and Equal-Access Employer.

--
Wei Ji Ma, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Neuroscience