[Comp-neuro] Postdoc Job @ UCL with Hugo Spiers

Peter Dayan [dayan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk] dayan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 26 12:31:52 CEST 2012

Hugo Spiers, from UCL, is recruiting a postdoc to explore how human
theta (and other band) oscillations coordinate brain regions for
navigational guidance:

  Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) research in our laboratory
  has found that human hippocampal activity tracks spatial-goal
  information during navigation (see Howard et al., 2011, for coverage of
  the SfN poster by Nature click here). To understand the role of theta
  oscillations we will build on recent advances in magnetoencephalography
  (MEG) analysis and virtual navigation (Cornwell et al., 2008). Time
  permitting, we will also explore navigation with fMRI studies.

  The post-holder should have some experience with MEG and have an
  interest in how our brain processes spatial information and recalls the
  past. Experience in Matlab and Python programming would also be
  beneficial.

  The research is funded by the Wellcome Trust and is a collaboration
  between Dr Hugo Spiers and Prof Emrah Duzel.  Collaborators on the
  project are Prof Peter Dayan and Dr William Penny, who will provide
  input into the project design and analysis.

  The post-holder will be based in the UCL Institute of Behavioural
  Neuroscience and collect neuroimaging data at the Wellcome Trust Centre
  for Neuroimaging at UCL.

  For more information please e-mail Dr Spiers at h.spiers at ucl.ac.uk

  To apply go via: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/spierslab/LabVacancies