[Comp-neuro] Research Assistant in Cognition/Perception at MIT

Mary C Potter mpotter at mit.edu
Sun Jun 10 00:17:15 CEST 2012

Please post.

From: "Mary C. Potter" <mpotter at mit.edu>

RESEARCH ASSISTANT IN COGNITION/PERCEPTION AT MIT

Mary C. Potter is seeking a research assistant (Technical Assistant)
starting on July 1, 2012 or as soon as possible. A commitment of at least
one year is required.

My current research is on conceptual short-term attention and memory,
including the attentional blink, picture encoding and memory, the
interaction between sentence processing and picture processing, and the
influence of sentence context on visual word perception and selection. For
more about the lab, see http://mollylab-1.mit.edu/lab/

The Technical Assistant will have primary responsibility for running the
lab, including supervising undergraduate research assistants, programming
and running experiments, and analyzing data. The research community in our
department provides an excellent, stimulating work environment, with
opportunities to become acquainted with the work of students and faculty.

Requirements for this research-oriented position include a B.A. or B.S
degree, some experience in experimental research (preferably in cognition,
language, or perception), and experience with programming. Experience with
Matlab, Python, or the equivalent is essential.

To apply, please go to the MIT website for jobs, http://jobs.mit.edu/ and
enter MIT-00008745 as a keyword. Email me if you have any difficulty with
this. You will need a resume and the names and telephone numbers/email
addresses of at least two people as references.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the position. Unfortunately,
because of difficulties getting visas, I am unable to consider
applications from non-residents. MIT is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer, and minority and women applicants are encouraged to
apply.

Mary C. Potter (Molly)
Professor of Psychology
Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences
46-4125