[Comp-neuro] Faculty positions, Imperial College London

Simon Schultz s.schultz at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 17:44:07 CEST 2012

Dear all,

Following the ad for Chair-level positions in the Department of Bioengineering at Imperial College which I distributed recently, we are also intending to make quite a few hires at a level equivalent to Assistant/Associate Professor over the coming year. I am particularly keen to attract outstanding candidates in the general area of Neurotechnology/Neural Engineering/Computational Neuroscience.

---

Lecturers/Senior Lecturers/Readers (open call)
Imperial College London - Department of Bioengineering

Lecturer salary range £43,350 to £48,400 per annum

Senior Lecturer/Reader minimum £53,450 per annum

Due to rapid growth and the strategic importance of the discipline of bioengineering at Imperial College, the Department of Bioengineering wishes to appoint a number of individuals at Lecturer, Senior Lecturer or Reader grade.  This is an open call in which we are looking for outstanding candidates in any field of Bioengineering.  As the department is making multiple appointments for strategic reasons, applications from individuals working in one of the areas listed below are particularly welcomed:

Bioengineering of cancer detection, diagnosis, pathogenesis and/or treatment
Mechanobiology/biomechanics
Molecular imaging
Neurotechnology

The appointees will be expected to interact effectively with one or more research teams in the Department of Bioengineering (see http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/bioengineering/research (http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/bioengineering/research,%20).) They will also be expected to interact with groups outside the department across Imperial College and advance the reputation of the department through their work and that of their research staff and students.

Applicants should have an advanced degree (PhD or equivalent) in an appropriate science or engineering discipline.  They should also possess a demonstrable ability to generate and execute independent collaborative research programmes at an internationally-leading level and to attract high levels of research funding.  Experience in teaching at all levels is also required.

For an informal discussion please contact the incoming Head of Department, Professor Anthony Bull: emaila.bull at imperial.ac.uk (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/sheena/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/26DMDUMR/a.bull@imperial.ac.uk) or telephone 020 7594 5186.

Our preferred method of application is online via our website at the following link:http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment (select "Job Search" and enter the job reference no. EN20120189FH).  Please complete and upload the application form as directed.

The closing date for this post is 31 October 2012

Simon R Schultz
Director of Postgraduate Studies (Research)
Royal Society Industry Fellow and Senior Lecturer
Department of Bioengineering
Imperial College London
Phone: +44-207 594 1533
Email: s.schultz at imperial.ac.uk (mailto:s.schultz at imperial.ac.uk)
http://www.schultzlab.org
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/neurotechnology
Member of National Committee, British Neuroscience Association
http://www.bna.org.uk