[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience in Paris

Romain Brette romain.brette at ens.fr
Tue Feb 21 15:37:27 CET 2012

Postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience in Paris

A postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience is available in
Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, from October 2012, to work on
spike-based computation in the auditory system with Romain Brette
(http://audition.ens.fr/brette/) in the Audition lab
(http://lpp.psycho.univ-paris5.fr/hearing.php). The position is funded
by the European Research Council (Starting Grant). The starting date can
be discussed.

We try to develop neuron models of auditory functions such as sound
localization and pitch perception, with an emphasis on spike-based
computation. Our approach is primarily theoretical/computational, but we
also validate our models with psychophysical experiments and
electrophysiology (in vivo and in vitro, through collaborations). Some
details are available on this page:
http://audition.ens.fr/brette/auditorycomputation.html

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to): models of pitch
perception (in a broad sense, including intonation), sound localization
(including ILD processing) and plasticity in functional spike-based
models (including theoretical work).

The lab is a friendly mixture of modelers and experimental
psychologists. It is ideally located in central Paris, in the Quartier
Latin, in close proximity with theoretical neuroscientists,
psychologists and neurophysiologists.

The position is funded for two years with possible extensions. Salary is
commensurate with experience and the position carries a full social
security and health coverage. Candidates should send their applications
(including a brief letter of interest, a CV and the names and contact
details of two or three references) to romain.brette at ens.fr. Please do
not hesitate to contact me for further details on the specific projects.
I might also consider non-auditory projects around spike-based
computation, and single neuron modeling.

Romain Brette
Associate Professor
DEC-ENS
29 rue d'Ulm