[Comp-neuro] Machine Learning Intro with Matlab examples

Thomas Trappenberg tt at cs.dal.ca
Tue Feb 7 13:07:20 CET 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I just wrote a little introductory review on machine learning, which
you can download at
www.cs.dal.ca/~tt/papers/MLintro2012.pdf

In which I also mention some neuroscientific connections. The paper is
a draft for a workshop on development and learning, and my hope is
that this introduction is useful since it surveys and relates several
prominent approaches including Boltzmann machines, Maximum Likelihood,
Support Vector Machines, Bayesian Networks, Temporal Difference
Learning etc. Feedback would be highly appreciated. The paper includes
some Matlab examples.

Cheers, Thomas

------
Dr. Thomas Trappenberg