[Comp-neuro] Research Fellow/Assistant in Zebrafish Brain Imaging
shihcheng at nus.edu.sg
Tue Sep 20 18:23:23 CEST 2011
Research Fellow/Assistant in Zebrafish Brain Imaging in Singapore
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral Research Fellow or a Research Assistant in a joint project between the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering at the National University of Singapore and the A*STAR - Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Neuroscience Research Partnership. The successful applicant will join a team of researchers in developing an immersive virtual reality setup that will be used in conjunction with optical imaging to record neuronal activity in the brain of a behaving zebrafish. The project will make use of electrophysiological techniques, computer vision algorithms, and methods in computer graphics to create a realistic environment in which the zebrafish will be able to navigate.
· Ph.D. or Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or related fields
· Strong background in computer vision and computer graphics
· Good programming skills in C and Matlab
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Applicants for the Research Assistant position have to be Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents from ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries
· Set up electrophysiological recordings to detect movements in the zebrafish
· Develop computer vision algorithms that are able to decipher the movements of the zebrafish
· Construct a realistic virtual reality environment in which the zebrafish will be able to navigate
· Contribute to and promote research activities of the research team
· Supervise undergraduate and graduate student research projects
The appointment can commence immediately and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should send their motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and publication list via email to Dr. Shih-Cheng Yen (shihcheng at nus.edu.sg).
Assistant Professor Shih-Cheng YEN :: National University of Singapore :: Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Block E4, #05-45, 4 Engineering Drive 3, Singapore 117576 :: +65-6516 2118 (DID) :: +65-6777 3117 :: shihcheng at nus.edu.sg (E) :: www.nus.edu.sg (W) :: Company Registration No: 200604346E
More information about the Comp-neuro