[Comp-neuro] Expert Patch Electrophysiologist Wanted (please post)

Tori Williford toriw at bcm.edu
Tue Oct 4 21:42:51 CEST 2011

Wanted:  Expert Patch Electrophysiologist (Postdoc or Advanced
Technician)

We are seeking a highly-capable patch-clamp electrophysiologist for a
postdoctoral or senior technician position. The ideal applicant has at
least 2-3 years of experience using patch-clamp electrophysiology as
their primary research tool. We prefer that you have experience with
both in vitro and in vivo preps, or in vitro patching under difficult
conditions (dendrites, multiple simultaneous patches, etc.)
Experience with rodent surgery and functional multiphoton imaging is a
plus. The applicant will participate in a larger project that involves
using imaging, electrophysiological, and molecular techniques to
dissect the functional micro-circuitry of early visual cortical areas.
The ideal candidate will be able to work relatively autonomously to
design and schedule experiments, collect data, and troubleshoot
techniques and equipment, while at the same time coordinating their
results with other members of the research team in order to drive the
project forward.
Location:  Neuroscience lab of Andreas Tolias, Ph.D. @ Baylor College
of Medicine in Houston, TX, USA
Contact: send CV to