[Comp-neuro] Champalimaud Neuroscience Symposium, 18-21 September 2011

Christian Machens christian.machens at ens.fr
Wed Jun 1 18:48:13 CEST 2011

Inaugural Champalimaud Neuroscience Symposium

September 18 - 21, 2011
Lisbon, Portugal

http://symposium.neuro.fchampalimaud.org

We are pleased to announce that registration has opened for the
inaugural
Champalimaud Neuroscience Symposium, to be held in Lisbon, Portugal,
September 18-21, 2011.

The Champalimaud Neuroscience Symposium will bring together researchers
from around the world who are interested in solving the puzzle of the
brain.
The Programme includes 30 distinguished speakers and poster sessions.
The invited speakers reflect the interests of the Champalimaud
Neuroscience
Programme and cover a broad range of areas within neuroscience. The
Symposium will take place at the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown on
the waterfront in central Lisbon, Portugal. We are looking forward to
a lively
and stimulating scientific meeting, and we hope that you will join us.

INVITED SPEAKERS:

Silvia Arber, U Basel
Detlev Arendt, EMBL
Tobias Bonhoeffer, MPI
Gyorgy Buzsaki, Rutgers
Holly Cline, Scripps
Antonio Damasio, USC
Yang Dan, Berkeley

Jim DiCarlo, MIT
Michael Dickinson, Caltech

Sten Grillner, Karolinska Institute

Michael Hausser, UCL

Ulrike Heberlein, UCSF

Takao Hensch, Harvard
Judith Hirsch, USC

Tom Jessell, Columbia

Kelsey Martin, UCLA

Gero Miesenboeck, Oxford
Atsushi Miyawaki, RIKEN

Hannah Monyer, U Heidelberg
Katy Payne, Cornell

Carl Petersen, EPFL

Ranulfo Romo, UNAM

Erin Schuman, MPI

Mike Shadlen, UW
Carla Shatz, Stanford
Alcino Silva, UCLA

Haim Sompolinsky, Hebrew U

Lisa Stowers, Scripps
Leslie Vosshall, Rockefeller
Daniel Wolpert, Cambridge

IMPORTANT DATES:
Early registration ends: June 15, 2011
Late registration ends: August 31, 2011
Abstract submission ends: August 31, 2011

ABSTRACT SUBMISSION:
Participants interested in presenting posters must first register for
the
Symposium. You may submit or edit your abstract at any time before
August 31st.

MORE INFORMATION:
http://symposium.neuro.fchampalimaud.org

SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: