[Comp-neuro] Faculty position at Imperial College London

Schultz, Simon R s.schultz at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jul 17 17:54:37 CEST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

There is currently an opening at Lecturer (Assistant Professor) level for a mathematical biologist in the Department of Bioengineering at Imperial College London. Although the position is not targeted more specifically than MathBio, mathematical neurobiology would certainly fall within the area of interest, and thus I am keen to encourage applicants in this area. The Department of Bioengineering has a strong and growing research profile in neuroscience and neurotechnology, with relevant PIs including Etienne Burdet, Paul Chadderton, Aldo Faisal, Kenneth Harris, Holger Krapp, Carsten Mehring and Simon Schultz.

---
Simon R Schultz
Senior Lecturer
Dept of Bioengineering, Imperial College London.
South Kensington Campus,
Royal School of Mines Building,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/people/s.schultz
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/neurotechnology

Lecturer in Mathematical Modelling of Biological Phenomena
Imperial College London - Department of Bioengineering
Salary in the range £42,500 to £47,450 per annum
The Department of Bioengineering at Imperial College London wishes to appoint a Lecturer who will establish an international research profile in mathematical modelling of biological phenomena.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree in mathematics or an appropriate science or engineering discipline.  They should have knowledge and experience in the mathematical modelling of biological phenomena and in testing and refining their models by comparison with experimental data.
Preference will be given to candidates with a track record of working closely with experimentalists or of carrying out their own experimental work. They should have a strong record of academic achievement as evidenced by their research publications and have demonstrated an ability to generate and execute research at an internationally-leading level.
Teaching experience is also highly desirable.
Please contact Professor Ross Ethier, Head of Department, to discuss this post informally at r.ethier at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:r.ethier at imperial.ac.uk>.
Our preferred method of application is online via our website http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/employment (please select "Job Search" then enter the job title or vacancy reference number EN20110135BD into "Keywords"). Please complete and upload an application form as directed.  Please submit relevant supporting documents such as your full CV.  In addition you should enclose a brief statement of your expertise and research plans.
Closing date: 31 October 2011
Committed to equality and valuing diversity.  We are also an Athena Silver SWAN Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Stonewall Top 100 Employer 2011.