[Comp-neuro] First NEural Simulation Tool User Survey - Your feedback requested!

Yury V. Zaytsev yury.zaytsev at bcf.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 1 11:34:06 CEST 2011

Dear neuroscience researchers,

The steady growth of the community of NEST [1] users, and the acceptance
of NEST as one of the standard neural network simulation tool of choice
in general, generate new responsibilities for the developers.

In order to provide our users with more robust software, as a part of
our Google Summer of Code project in collaboration with INCF, we set out
to improve the development practices of the NEST simulator.

To this end we need to know more about our users in order to determine
which operating systems and combinations of software installations need
to be supported.

Therefore, we would like to ask you to complete the following
questionnaire that would allow us to gather the details that we need:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFc4ME41V3hMWVR6bDNkSjl1OGxPQlE6MQ#gid=0

Completing this online form will take less than five minutes of your
time and you are free to skip any questions if you wish.

In addition, the form gives you the opportunity to tell us what features
you would most like to see in NEST.

Your help is highly appreciated!

All the best,
Yury V. Zaytsev and Abigail Morrison