[Comp-neuro] please post: job add

Fabrizio Gabbiani gabbiani at bcm.edu
Fri Jan 14 20:57:38 CET 2011

To whom it may concern:

If you would be so kind to post the following job announcement.

Thanks in advance, Fabrizio Gabbiani

---- ADD BELOW ---

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY/COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE

Department of Neuroscience
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas

-----

A postdoctoral position in electrophysiology/computational neuroscience is
available at Baylor College of Medicine, in the laboratory of Fabrizio
Gabbiani.

Our research focuses on the biophysical mechanisms underlying
the implementation of non-linear operations by neurons and
neuronal circuits. Specifically, we study the neural basis of collision
avoidance behaviors using electrophysiology, pharmacology, calcium
imaging, high-speed video imaging and telemetry. The lab web site
home page (glab.bcm.tmc.edu) has a link to recent publications.

We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a strong background
in electrophysiology (intra- and extracellular recordings) with an
interest in neuronal modeling and computational neuroscience.
Experience with Matlab would be desirable.
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience, based on an NIH
scale. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Our lab is located in the Texas Medical Center (TMC), close to many
of Houston's cultural and outdoor amenities. For further information
about Houston and the TMC please visit
http://www.explore.rice.edu/explore/General_Information.asp
or http://www.bcm.edu/about/houston/.

For further informal inquiries and to apply, please send CV, the names
and full
contact information of two to three references, and one to two
representative publications to gabbiani at bcm.edu.