[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral openings in cellular electrophysiology,
Michele.Giugliano at ua.ac.be
Mon Dec 19 11:31:38 CET 2011
The Theoretical Neurobiology and Neuroengineering research group at the Dept. of Biomedical Sciences of the University of Antwerp (Belgium) is hiring two postdoctoral fellows, each for a three years period.
The topics are:
- interfacing novel materials to neuronal microcircuitry as bidirectional nano-scale interfacing devices.
- using novel optogenetic and electrophysiological techniques to quantitively dissect network-level dynamics and plasticity, relevant for natural and synthetic memories formation, deletion, and re-writing.
The University of Antwerp and the TNBN team http://www.tnb.ua.ac.be provide a stimulating research environment. Antwerp is located at the center of Europe, provides excellent living conditions, and it is an attractive, inspiring, historic place.
The working language is English.
* PhD degree in neuroscience or cellular electrophysiology
* experienced with patch-clamp in brain slices and in primary neuronal cell cultures.
* experienced in the domains of in vitro multielectrode arrays, optogenetics, photoactivation, analysis of synaptic transmission, neuronal excitability and population activity.
* Creative and highly motivated
* Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Duration: 3 years
Start date: As soon as possible
Contact: Michele Giugliano, Michele.Giugliano_AT_ua.ac.be
Please send applications via email, including:
* a motivation letter
* a complete CV, including a list of publications
* graduation marks
* the name and email address of three referees
Note: mass-emails will be trashed
More information about the Comp-neuro