[Comp-neuro] High level abstractions in concept cells; Single spiking neurons have "meaning" and are actually at the cognitive level?

Dorian Aur dorianaur at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:16:43 CEST 2011

Asim,

(i) I have asked Moran Cerf to present an extension to their analyzes  and *he
agreed*
(ii) The general comments  regarding* the novel discovery* were already
disclosed  on the web see
http://www.neuroethics.ox.ac.uk/archive_events_data2/concept_neurons_seminar
(iii) You  *have completely misinformed* (regarding my comments about little
information in the firing rate) and the discussion about ethics *is meant to
cover  the unpleasant scientific truth regarding the  unreliable firing rate
measure*

Dorian