[Comp-neuro] POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY/SYSTEMS NEUROSCIENCE

Liu, Robert C rliu2 at emory.edu
Fri Aug 5 20:39:53 CEST 2011

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY/SYSTEMS NEUROSCIENCE

Department of Biology

Emory University

Atlanta, Georgia

-----

A postdoctoral position in auditory electrophysiology/systems neuroscience is available at Emory University, in the Computational Neuroethology Laboratory of Robert Liu.

Our research focuses on neural coding and plasticity mechanisms in the auditory cortex. Our electrophysiological studies are conducted in the awake adult mouse, where we concentrate on the auditory processing of behaviorally relevant, species-specific communication sounds. Current work involves understanding the role of social experience and social neurochemicals on auditory cortical activity. Further information about our work can be found by going to our website at http://www.biology.emory.edu/research/Liu/html/index.php.

We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in single unit extracellular electrophysiology. Experience in computational data analysis and programming using Matlab is highly desirable. For inquiries and to apply, please send CV, the names and full contact information of two references, and two representative publications to robert.liu at emory.edu<mailto:robert.liu at emory.edu>.

Robert C. Liu
Associate Professor
Emory University
Department of Biology