[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral Fellowship in Theoretical Neuroscience at Univ. of Maryland (Washington DC)

Dan Butts dab at umd.edu
Thu Apr 21 01:09:27 CEST 2011

Postdoctoral Position in Computational/Theoretical Neuroscience
http://biology.umd.edu/ntlab

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the Neuroscience Theory Research Group of Dan Butts at the University of Maryland. Our research is focused on linking observable neurophysiology to systems-level function of sensory pathways, and involves a diversity of analysis and computational work, much of which is in close collaboration with experimental research labs. Ongoing projects include understanding the temporal coding in the primary visual cortex, and constraining hierarchical processing of natural vision with physiological data.

Our lab is set within a new Biosciences Research Building in the Department of Biology, and is also a part of the Program in Neuroscience that includes over 100 research groups at UMd in number of departments including Psychology, Engineering, and Computer Science. The lab is at a central point in a vibrant multidisciplinary community, with many opportunities for interaction and collaboration. University of Maryland is a large southern-styled campus in the outskirts of Washington DC and is accessible by the DC subway.

We are looking for a researcher with a strong quantitative background, previous experience in neuroscience research, and an interest approaching neural coding from a neurophysiological perspective. The position is available as soon as June 2011, and we are accepting applications as they come. Please email Dan Butts (dab at umd.edu) with a CV, a brief description of your relevant education and research experience, and the names of three possible references that could be asked for a letter of recommendation.

Please see our webpage at:
http://biology.umd.edu/ntlab
and email Dan Butts for further information.