[Comp-neuro] Seeking feedback on NeuroMorpho.Org

NeuroMorpho Administrator nmadmin at gmu.edu
Fri Apr 15 17:26:39 CEST 2011

Dear NeuroMorpho.Org community,

In an effort to continue improving NeuroMorpho.Org, we are currently
considering expanding the functionality of the 3D Neuron Viewer. The Viewer
allows users to visualize reconstructions, zoom them in/out, rotate them in
3D etc. Currently, the Viewer also offers 1-click options to save
reconstructions in Neuron or Genesis formats (using the conversion from the
original CVAPP program). In the next release, we plan to add a similar
option to output files in NeuroML.

We know that the "Save in Neuron" option is used, but we are not sure if
anyone is actively employing the "Save in Genesis" option. If this
functionality is not in use, we would be inclined to remove it to keep the
interface as simple as it is now. We would like to hear from the
NeuroMorpho.Org user base regarding this change. If we learn that the "Save
in Genesis" format is still actively used, we will continue supporting it.
And of course, please let us know if you have any other suggestion or
pointers to papers describing reconstructions that should be included in the
database.

We look forward to your feedback. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The NeuroMorpho.Org team

--

Ruchi Parekh, Ph.D.