[Comp-neuro] Bernstein Symposium "Retinal coding in light of clinical applications", Juni 08-09, Tuebingen

Judith Lam jlam at bccn-tuebingen.de
Fri Apr 15 13:07:37 CEST 2011

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Bernstein Center Tuebingen Cluster A Symposium, June 08 - 09: "Retinal
coding in light of clinical applications"
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

To promote the interchange of ideas about principles of neural
information processing in the visual system we are organizing a two-day
joint symposium with the CIN (Werner Reichardt Centre for Integrative
Neuroscience, http://www.cin.uni-tuebingen.de/) on June08 and June09.
The symposium is titled "Retinal coding in light of clinical
applications" and will be held at the Max-Planck-Institute for
Biological Cybernetics in Tuebingen
(http://tuebingen.mpg.de/en/facilities/max-planck-house.html). The
symposium will start on Wednesday at 2 p.m. (registration opens at 1
p.m.) and the official program ends on Thursday with lunch. The time
after lunch is free for discussions.

Confirmed speakers are:
Richard H. Masland, Harvard Medical School/MEEI, Boston, USA
Sheila Nirenberg, Cornell University, New York, USA
Rolando Berlinguer-Palmini, New Castle University, Newcastle, UK
Eberhart Zrenner, Institute for Opthalmic Research, Tübingen, Germany
Eizaburo Doi, New York University, New York, USA
Robert G. Smith, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Martin Greschner, Salk Institute, San Diego, USA

In addition to the talks we will also have a poster session on Wednesday
evening.

The registration fee is 35 Euro. Coffeebreaks, as well as dinner on
Wednesday and lunch on Thursday will be provided.
For registration and further details see
http://www.bccn-tuebingen.de/events/symposium-a.html
Please register as soon as possible as we can accommodate only a limited
number of participants due to space constraints.

We look forward to seeing you
Thomas Euler

--
Judith Lam