[Comp-neuro] The Journal of Mathematical Neuroscience

Stephen Coombes stephen.coombes at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 23 18:58:09 CEST 2010

Dear all,

	We are writing to let you know about a brand new journal, The Journal
of Mathematical Neuroscience (JMN), soon to be launched by Springer.
The journal is now accepting submissions and we would like to
encourage you to submit your next research article to the journal.

The Journal of Mathematical Neuroscience (JMN) is an open access, peer-
reviewed online journal that publishes research articles on the
mathematical modeling and analysis of all areas of neuroscience, i.e.,
the study of the nervous system and its dysfunctions.  The focus is on
using mathematics as the primary tool for elucidating the fundamental
mechanisms responsible for experimentally observed behaviours in
neuroscience at all relevant scales, from the molecular world to that
of cognition.

The journal will be published under the banner of SpringerOpen, the
new range of open access journals, covering all disciplines within the
science, technology and medicine (STM) fields and complementing BioMed
Central’s over 200 open access journals.

By sumitting your research to one of our SpringerOpen journals you
will benefit from:

·       Open Access – articles freely available online
·       Rigorous peer review
·       Retaining copyright to your article
·       High visibility

To enable the journal to make all of its content open access, The
Journal of Mathematical Neuroscience (JMN) levies an article
processing charge of £833/$1300/€1000 for each manuscript accepted
after peer review.  Please note, resulting from our cooperation with
BioMed Central, all SpringerOpen journals are included in BioMed
Central’s Membership Program.  If your institution is a Member the
cost for the article processing charge is covered in full or in part
by the Membership.

For more information visit our journal website at

www.mathematical-neuroscience.com

Yours sincerely,

Olivier Faugeras and Stephen Coombes
The Editors-in-Chief, The Journal of Mathematical Neuroscience (JMN)This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.