[Comp-neuro] Postdoc position, University of Surrey (Andre Gruning)

A.Gruning at surrey.ac.uk A.Gruning at surrey.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 16:50:33 CET 2010

Research Fellow Position, University of Surrey, Post Ref 7895

I am looking for a Research Fellow (Post-Doc) to work on a cross-disciplinary
research project in the fields of computational neuroscience,
nature-inspired computation and machine learning on developing

“General-Purpose Learning Algorithms for Spiking Neural Networks”

in the Nature-Inspired Computing and Engineering(NICE) Group within the
Computing Department of the University of Surrey.

Expertise in computational and mathematical modelling of spiking and
non-spiking neural networks and their learning algorithms is required.
Programming skills in C/C++ and experience with standard neural network
modelling tools are also highly desirable as are good mathematical and
analytical skills.

Start date: 1st February 2011 or as soon as possible thereafter. The
appointment is for thirteen months in the first instance. Interviews
for the post are planned for mid January 2011. Salary: Up to £32,620 p.a.

Informal enquires are encouraged directly to Dr. Andre Gruning (e-mail:
a.gruning at surrey.ac.uk, tel: +44 (0) 1483 68-2648).

For details, an application pack and to apply on-line please go to our website:
www.surrey.ac.uk/vacancies. If you are unable to apply on-line please
contact Miss Karen Truss, HR Assistant on Tel:  +44 (0) 1483 686060 or
email k.truss at surrey.ac.uk.  Please quote Post Ref No. 7895

Closing date for applications is 03 January 2011.