[Comp-neuro] postdoctoral position at the Kavli Institute, Norway

Yasser Roudi yasser at nordita.org
Mon May 10 18:01:22 CEST 2010

Postdoctoral positions are available at a newly established theory group at
Kavli Institute and the Centre for the Biology of Memory, NTNU,
Trondheim Norway.

We are looking for a motivated and independent candidate with a good
background in statistical mechanics and/or machine learning. Our interest
focuses on developing and studying network inference and reconstruction t
echniques. We are both interestedin the theoretical aspects of the problem
and applications to biological networks for which the successful candidate
 will have access to a wealth of experimental data collected at the
Kavli Institute.
The group also enjoys close ties with NORDITA (Nordic Institute for
Theoretical Physics)
and the Dept. of Computational Biology of the Royal Institute of
Technology (group of Erik Aurell), Stockholm.

Interested applicants should send a CV, statement of research interests,
and two letters of recommendation to yasserroudi at gmail dot com.