[Comp-neuro] Travel fellowships available for GRC on Sensory Coding, July 2010

Adrienne Fairhall fairhall at u.washington.edu
Thu May 6 23:44:34 CEST 2010

We are pleased to announce that a number of TRAVEL FELLOWSHIPS of $500
WILL BE AVAILABLE to assist students and postdocs to attend the Gordon
Research Conference on Sensory Coding in the Natural Environment, to
be held at Bates College, Maine from July 25 to 30, 2010.   Topics
include natural sensory processing in vision, audition and
somatosensation; adaptation; neural prosthetics; active sensing; high-
level processing and virtual reality. Applications to this meeting
close on July 4: we encourage earlier registration as there is limited
space and applications are handled in order of receipt.

Speaker/schedule information and registration for the meeting are
available at

http://grc.org/programs.aspx?year=2010&program=senscoding

Preference will be given to attendees presenting posters. Please send
applications for support to grcscene at gmail.com including:

(1) Statement of interests (1 paragraph max)

(2) Reason for wanting to attend meeting (1paragraph max)

(3) Reason for requesting funding (1 paragraph max)

(4) Poster abstract.

(5) CV (2 pages max)

Requests for additional support may be considered at the time of the
meeting pending funding.

Please distribute!

Adrienne Fairhall

Frederic Theunissen