[Comp-neuro] Sleep, Neuroengineering and Dynamics - Autumn School, Applied Computational Neuroscience

Jens Christian Claussen claussen at inb.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Jun 15 14:27:40 CEST 2010

Dear colleagues,

we cordially invite applications for the

1st Baltic Autumn School
Applied Computational Neuroscience: Sleep, Neuroengineering and Dynamics
Lübeck, 20th-24th September 2010
http://www.gradschool.uni-luebeck.de/~as10/

Organizers:
Jens Christian Claussen, claussen (at) inb.uni-luebeck.de
Ulrich Hofmann, hofmann (at) isip.uni-luebeck.de
Katja Dau, events (at) gradschool.uni-luebeck.de

In current neuroscience research and neurological treatment,
experimental studies, computational neuroscience and neuroengineering
are closely interwoven. Our research-oriented autumn school focuses on
interventions both on the microscale and on the macroscale, and on their
theoretical modeling as dynamical systems: with application areas
neuroprosthetics and brain-computer interfaces, sleep and anaesthesia
modeling, and brain stimulation during sleep with their implications on
neural plasticity and memory consolidation

Invited Lecturers:
Jan Born (Lübeck)
Jim Bower (San Antonio, TX)
Stephen Coombes (Nottingham)
Erik De Schutter (Okinawa)
Gaute Einevoll (Ås)
Hartmut Gehring (Lübeck)
Axel Hutt (Nancy)
Winnie Jensen (Aalborg)
Ranu Jung (Arizona)
Lisa Marshall (Lübeck)
Eckehard Olbrich (Leipzig)
Maria Sanchez-Vives (Barcelona)
Alistair Steyn-Ross (Waikato, NZ)
Moira Steyn-Ross (Waikato, NZ)

Venue:
Lübeck, close to the baltic sea and surrounded by rivers and waterways,
is an attractive world heritage city with three nobel laureates and a
small vibrant university at the interface of medicine and theory/
computing. The workshop will be held in an attractive downtown location,
the roof lounge of the newly opened Hotel Atlantic, providing a
breathtaking view on the city's Old Town and intimately close to
touristic attractions and streetlife.

Our school welcomes application of PhD students (and early postdoctoral
researchers) and we welcome contributed posters by the participants.

The number of participants is limited.
Deadline for registration: 20th July, 2010

http://www.gradschool.uni-luebeck.de/~as10/