[Comp-neuro] Spring School 2010,
"Optical imaging and electrophysiological recording
in neuroscience" - Paris - Tuesday 20th to Friday 30th April 2010.
sabah.boumaza at paris-neuroscience.com
Tue Feb 2 11:53:35 CET 2010
/* Paris School of Neuroscience Spring School 2010*/
/*"Optical imaging and electrophysiological recording in neuroscience"*/
*Paris, Tuesday 20th to Friday 30th April 2010.*
The Paris School of Neuroscience aims to give intensive tuition in the
technical basis and practical implementation of optical imaging and
electrophysiological recording in the Neurosciences. The topics covered
in lecture and practical work are:
- Photophysics and photochemistry of fluorophores
- Light sources and lasers for fluorescence excitation
- Conventional and confocal microscopy
- CCD cameras
- Patch clamp and extracellular recording. Multi-electrode arrays. In
vivo electrical recording
- Data analysis and image analysis
- Two-photon confocal and other non-linear microscopy
- Fluorescent indicators for calcium and other ions and membrane potential
- Adaptive optics in microscopy
- Brain slice and In vivo imaging
- Viral transfection of genetically encoded markers and indicators.
The lectures are at 9-00 and 6-00 each day before and after daily
practical classes. Practical work will be 1-3 day experiments in one of
the above topics.
*The School fee is 800 Euros:*
Accommodation (for 12 nights) is close to the University and includes
breakfast, lunch is provided in the lab each day.
The fee of 800 EUR includes accommodation. Participants are responsible
for their own travel arrangements.
*Attendance to lectures only (no fee) or to lectures and practical work
(400 Euros) is open upon registration.*
*How to apply?
*There are 18 places. Applications should be made on the website and
must include a brief (1-2 page) CV, description of the current research
project and A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM ADVISOR, lab head or a
senior colleague. Some bursary support as a half fee will be available.
Attendance to lectures only (no fee) or to lectures and practical work
(400 euros) *is open upon registration.*
*Deadline March 2010, 1st*
*Université Paris Descartes, 45 rue des Saints Pères, 75006 Paris, France
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Comp-neuro