[Comp-neuro] Postdoctoral position in Brain Dynamics

Luczak, Artur luczak at uleth.ca
Wed Apr 21 18:18:59 CEST 2010

The Brain Dynamics Group at the Canadian Centre for Behavioural
Neuroscience ( http://lethbridgebraindynamics.com ) led by Dr. Bruce
McNaughton is looking for postdoctoral fellows.
Research will be focused on neuronal dynamics and information processing
in normal brains and in brains affected by diverse neurological
disorders (e.g.: stroke, Parkinson's disease, MS, epilepsy, aging). In
our group we are combining sophisticated data analysis methods and
cutting-edge electrophysiological and optical techniques which allows us
to record from a large number of neurons (for sample research see:
Takehara-Nishiuchi K, McNaughton BL. Science. 2008; Euston DR, Tatsuno
M, McNaughton BL. Science. 2007; Luczak A et al. Neuron 2009, Luczak A
et al. PNAS 2007).

Applicant should have a strong quantitative background, and experience
with neuronal data analysis methods. Experimental experience is a plus.
Candidates should email a letter of interest describing their research
career goals, skills and experience, their C.V., and the names of three
references (please do not have reference letters sent unless requested)
to luczak at uleth.ca . Salary scales will be competitive with NIH standards.

Artur Luczak, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Canadian Centre for Behavioural Neuroscience
Department of Neuroscience, University of Lethbridge
4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, AB, T1K 3M4, Canada
email: luczak at uleth.ca ;  http://ccbn.uleth.ca/people/primary/Luczak.php