[Comp-neuro] CNS2010: call for registration

Jonathan Rubin jonrubin at pitt.edu
Tue Apr 20 18:43:08 CEST 2010

*Registration for CNS*2010 is now open. Please register at
http://www.cnsorg.org/2010 or
https://www.regonline.com/CNS2010. We encourage participants to book
their accommodation early.
*
CNS*2010
Twentieth Annual International Computational Neuroscience Conference
July 24 - July 30, 2010
San Antonio, Texas, USA
http://www.cnsorg.org

EARLY MEETING REGISTRATION CLOSES: May 15, 2010 (11 PM Pacific Time, USA)
REGISTRATION WEBSITE: http://www.cnsorg.org/2010 or
https://www.regonline.com/CNS2010

NOTIFICATION OF ABSTRACT ACCEPTANCE: April 2010

CNS*2010 will be held in San Antonio, Texas, USA July 24-30th, 2010. The
meeting will kick off with a day of tutorials and an evening welcome
reception on July 24th. The main meeting of CNS*2010 will
take place from Sunday July 25th-Wednesday July 28th, including a
special Symposium, "Computational Neuroscience: What have we learned in
20 years and what do we still need to know?", on the afternoons of July
26th-27th. These events will be followed by two days of workshops on
July 29-30th (Thursday-Friday).

The main meeting will be held in the historic Sheraton Gunter Hotel in
central San Antonio, one block from San Antonio's Famous River Walk. San
Antonio is home to several universities including the University of
Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio and the University of Texas
San Antonio, which are both sponsoring CNS*2010. As is traditional, the
CNS banquet will be an interesting and culturally themed event, hosted
at Sundance Ranch on July 28th.

INVITED SPEAKERS:
Miguel Nicolelis, Duke University, USA, Frontiers in Computational
Neuroscience Lecturer
Vivian Mushahwar, University of Alberta, Canada
Jonathan Wolpaw, Wadsworth Center and SUNY, USA

SYMPOSIUM SPEAKERS:
John Miller, Montana State University, "Analysis of invertebrate nervous
systems as models for understanding complex function"
Ron Calabrese, Emory University, "The more we look, the more biological
variation we see: How has and should this influence modeling of small
networks”
Alain Destexhe, CNRS - France, "The Nervous System, still noisy after
all these years?"
Upinder Bhalla, NCBS- Bangalor India, "Still looking for the memories:
molecules and synaptic plasticity."
John Rinzel, NYU, “Modeling neuronal dynamics - our trajectory?”
Bruno Olshausen, University of California Berkeley, "Learning about
vision: questions we've answered, questions we haven't answered, and
questions we haven't yet asked.”
Sharon Crook, Arizona State University, “Learning from the past:
Approaches for Reproducibility in Computational Neuroscience”
Avrama Blackwell, George Mason University, "Calcium: the Answer to Life,
the Universe, and Everything"
Christiane Linster, Cornell University, “The olfactory system, still
computing, but how??”
Michael Hasselmo, Boston University, “20 years of oscillations and
memory: The long and winding road linking cellular mechanisms to behavior.”

TUTORIALS:
Upinder S. Bhalla and Aditya Gilra, NCBS, India: Multi-scale modeling
with MOOSE
Emery N. Brown, MIT: Neural Signal Processing Algorithms
Bard Ermentrout, U Pittsburgh: Dynamical systems approaches to
understanding neural models
Mark Goldman, UC Davis: Network models of short-term memory, persistent
neural activity, and neural integration
Astrid Prinz, Emory U: Brute force exploration of high-dimensional
neuronal parameter spaces
Steven Schiff, Penn State U: Neural control engineering
Reza Shadmehr, Johns Hopkins U: Computational Motor Control

WORKSHOPS:
see www.cns.org/2010