[Comp-neuro] postdoctoral position

Fabrizio Gabbiani gabbiani at bcm.edu
Fri Nov 27 20:42:15 CET 2009

To whom it may concern:

Would you be able to forward the following job announcement to
the comp-neuro mailing list?

Thank you in advance,

Fabrizio Gabbiani

--
Fabrizio Gabbiani		phone: (713) 798 1849
Department of Neuroscience	fax:   (713) 798 3946
Baylor College of Medicine	email: gabbiani at bcm.edu
One Baylor Plaza,               web: glab.bcm.tmc.edu
Houston, TX 77030

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY/COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE

Department of Neuroscience
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas

-----

A postdoctoral position in electrophysiology/computational neuroscience is
available at Baylor College of Medicine, in the laboratory of Fabrizio
Gabbiani. Our lab is located in the Texas Medical Center (TMC), close to
many
of Houston's cultural and outdoor amenities. For further information
about Houston
and the TMC please visit
(http://www.explore.rice.edu/explore/General_Information.asp
or http://www.bcm.edu/about/houston/).

Our research focuses on the biophysical mechanisms
underlying the implementation of non-linear operations by neurons and
neuronal circuits. Specifically, we study the neural basis of collision
avoidance behaviors using electrophysiology,
pharmacology, calcium imaging, high-speed video imaging and telemetry.
The lab web site home page (glab.bcm.tmc.edu)
has a link to a list of recent publications.

We are looking for a candidate with a strong background
in electrophysiology (intra- and extracellular recordings). Some
experience in neuronal modeling and with Matlab is desirable.
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience, based on an NIH
scale.

For further informal inquiries and to apply, please send CV, the names
and full
contact information of two to three references, and one or two
representative publications to gabbiani at bcm.edu.