[Comp-neuro] Cosyne 2010: Submission Deadline Reminder
byronyu at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 19 07:14:06 CET 2009
***** REMINDER *****
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 11:59PM PST on 20 Nov 2009.
Abstracts submitted by the deadline may be revised until 11:59PM PST
on Sunday, 22 Nov 2009.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The deadline will not be extended this year. Be sure
to submit on time!!
Computational and Systems Neuroscience (Cosyne)
25 - 28 Feb, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 - 2 Mar, 2010
Snowbird Ski Resort, Utah
Cosyne is an annual meeting providing an inclusive forum for the
exchange of experimental and theoretical approaches to problems in
systems neuroscience. The meeting is expected to draw over 500
researchers from a wide variety of disciplines.
The MAIN MEETING is organized in a single track, and consists of both
oral and poster sessions. Some oral presentations are invited (see
below), while others are selected based on short submitted abstracts.
Poster presentations are also selected from the submitted abstracts.
The WORKSHOPS are held in 4-8 parallel sessions per day, allowing
for more in-depth discussion of specialized topics.
CONFIRMED INVITED SPEAKERS:
- Keynote: Clay Reid (Harvard Medical School)
- Daphne Bavelier (University of Rochester)
- Howard Berg (Harvard University)
- Adrienne Fairhall (University of Washington)
- John Lisman (Brandeis University)
- Eve Marder (Brandeis University)
- Tirin Moore (Stanford University)
- Michael Platt (Duke University)
- Nicholas Schiff (Cornell Medical School)
- Jackie Schiller (Technion)
- Anthony Zador (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories)
Cosyne 2010 will include a special symposium in honour
of Horace Barlow, featuring talks by:
- Honorary Lecturer: Horace Barlow (Cambridge University)
- David Field (Cornell University)
- William Geisler (University of Texas)
- Geoffrey Hinton (University of Toronto)
- Simon Laughlin (Cambridge University)
- General Chair: Maneesh Sahani (University College London)
- Program Chairs: Anne Churchland (University of Washington) and
Bartlett Mel (University of Southern California)
- Workshop Chairs: Adam Kohn (Yeshiva University) and Mark Laubach
- Communications Chair: Byron Yu (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Anthony Zador (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory)
- Alexandre Pouget (University of Rochester)
- Zachary Mainen (Champalimaud Neuroscience Programme)
- Matteo Carandini (University College London)
- Eero Simoncelli (New York University and HHMI)
- Peter Dayan (University College London)
- Steven Lisberger (UC San Francisco and HHMI)
- Karel Svoboda (HHMI Janelia Farm)
More information about the Comp-neuro