[Comp-neuro] IEEE Control and Decision Conference Special session invited papers needed

Kazutaka Takahashi kazutaka at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 22 05:07:01 CET 2009

Dear All,
Let me start with a brief introduction about myself:
I am currently a postdoc at Prof. Hatsopoulos lab at U Chicago to learn
neurophysiology and neuroanatomy after having completed my Ph.D in control
and estimation theory. My colleagues and I have been trying to bring more
interactions between control theorists and neuroscientists to bridge a gap
between the two fields.

I am organizing a session called "Modeling, Estimation, and Control:
Applications in Neuroscience" at IEEE Control and Decision Conference (CDC)
in Dec 2009 at Shanghai. I am trying to have at least 6 papers for this
session, and found your work very interesting and relevant to the session's
theme. If I manage to have a session, then it would be the third one.

The deadline for the paper is on 3/1, but I need to have at least an
abstract 2 weeks before that to include all the selected abstracts for the
session proposal whose due is earlier than the paper due.

There is only room for 6 speakers per session, however, everyone can still
submit their papers to be reviewed and can still attend the CDC and present.
Thus, depending on how many confirmations I receive from the people I
contact, I will need to have blocks each of which consists of 6 people.

Please kindly let me know if you are interested in the session and are
willing to submit a paper by the deadline.

Best regards,

Taka