[Comp-neuro] Conference in honor of John Rinzel; June 13-14 '09; registration / travel support

Eric Shea-Brown etsb at amath.washington.edu
Wed Feb 25 20:10:24 CET 2009

Conference on Neural Dynamics and Computation
held in honor of John Rinzel
at the Courant Institute, New York University, June 13-14, 2009

Sponsors:  NSF; Courant Institute, NYU; Center for Neural Science, NYU;
Swartz Foundation

Speakers:  Victoria Booth, Catherine Carr, Jack Cowan, Sharon Crook,
Bard Ermentout, Joe Keller, Nancy Kopell, David McLaughlin, Michael
O'Donovan, Charlie Peskin, Dan Sanes, Shihab Shamma, Arthur Sherman,
Wilfrid Rall, David Terman, Leo van Hemmen, Xiao-Jing Wang

***TRAVEL SUPPORT AVAILABLE FOR JUNIOR ATTENDEES: 3/20 deadline***
Students/postdocs presenting a poster: please apply by emailing etsb at washington.edu
  by 3/20/09, with (1) Name, home institution, position, email, (2)
three-paragraph poster abstract and (3) note of support from advisor/
mentor.  Travel awards, all giving partial support, will be announced
by 4/1/09.

***REGISTRATION INFORMATION (free of charge, thanks to generous
sponsors)***
Send email to Elizabeth Rodriguez, erod at cims.nyu.edu, with:
1. Name, home institution, position, email.
2. I would/would not like to present a poster.  Title:
3. I would/would not like to attend the Saturday evening banquet.
Dietary restrictions:
(Please note--poster and banquet spaces are both limited, and priority
will be given to early registrants.)

***HOTEL, SCHEDULE, AND OTHER INFORMATION***
Will be posted at the meeting website, http://www.cims.nyu.edu/events/special/rinzelbirthday/index.html

Local committee:  Charlie Peskin and Dan Tranchina

Organizers:  Brent Doiron (bdoiron at pitt.edu) and Eric Shea-Brown (etsb at washington.edu
  ).