[Comp-neuro] Okinawa Computational Neuroscience Course 2009

Erik De Schutter erik at tnb.ua.ac.be
Tue Feb 17 13:55:31 CET 2009

OKINAWA COMPUTATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE COURSE 2009
             Methods, Neurons, Networks and Behaviors
                June 14 - July 3, 2009. Okinawa, Japan
                        http://www.irp.oist.jp/ocnc/2009
               APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 19!

The aim of the Okinawa Computational Neuroscience Course is to
provide opportunities for young researchers with theoretical backgrounds
to learn the latest advances in neuroscience, and for those with experimental
backgrounds to have hands-on experience in computational modeling.

We invite graduate students and postgraduate researchers to participate
in the course, held from June 14th through July 3rd, 2009 at an oceanfront
seminar house of the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology.
Applications are through the course web page only; they will close February
19th, 2009. Applicants are required to propose a project at the time of
application. Applicants will receive confirmation of acceptance before end
of March.

Like in preceding years, OCNC will be a comprehensive three-week course
covering single neurons, networks, and behaviors with ample time for
student projects. The first week will focus exclusively on methods with
hands-on tutorials during the afternoons, while the second and third weeks
will have lectures by international experts. We invite those who are
interested
in integrating experimental and computational approaches at each level, as
well as in bridging different levels of complexity.

The sponsor will provide lodging and meals during the course and
support travel for most students. We expect that this course is
a good opportunity for theoretical and experimental neuroscientists
to meet each other and to explore the attractive nature and culture of
Okinawa, the southernmost island prefecture of Japan.

Invited faculty:
	• Arbuthnott, Gordon
	• Bartos, Marlene
	• Cateau, Hideyuki