[Comp-neuro] PhD thesis: "Adaptation-induced plasticity in V1: adapting and anti-adapting neurons"

Ketan Bajaj bajajketan at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 12:02:07 CEST 2009

Dear All,
I'm pleased to announce the availability of my PhD thesis, "Adaptation-induced plasticity in V1: adapting and anti-adapting neurons".

The thesis develops a model that predicts how long duration adaptation while causing a decrease in excitability of adapting neurons can cause an increase in excitability of 'anti-adapting' neurons, even without any synaptic interactions between these groups of neurons..and discusses various implications..

Available online at: http://www.ketanbajaj.com/Home/phd_thesis
Abstract: http://www.ketanbajaj.com/Home/phd_thesis/abstract

Best Regards,
Ketan