[Comp-neuro] (repost) Special Issue of JCNS: Method of Information Theory in Neuroscience

Alexander Dimitrov alex at cns.montana.edu
Thu Apr 30 22:21:42 CEST 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I apologize for re-posting this, but I received several notes that the
original version did not make it through completely.
We would like to bring to your attention the following:

* *

*Journal of Computational Neuroscience:
Special issue on Methods of Information Theory in Neuroscience Research
Submission deadline: December 15st, 2009**
*/edited by Alexander G. Dimitrov, Aurel A. Lazar and Jonathan D. Victor/

Methods originally developed in Information Theory have found wide
applicability in computational neuroscience. Beyond these original
methods, novel tools and approaches have been developed that are driven
by problems arising in neuroscience. A number of researchers in
computational/systems neuroscience and in information/communication
theory are investigating problems of information representation and
processing. The goal of the special issue of the Journal of
Computational Neuroscience is to showcase the latest techniques,
approaches and results in this area. The subject of the papers must fit
the Aims & Scope of the journal, and must in particular not be purely
methodological but also illustrate results that advance our
understanding of brain function in a broad sense. The papers must
contain new material, but we encourage the authors to also include
review material to help the reader fully understand the context of the
study. Papers that include experimental work are especially encouraged.
Submission is open to all as long as it fits the above criteria. The
papers will go through the standard review process, with the same
criteria as for normal articles submitted to the journal. They will be
further reviewed for relevance to the special issue by the guest editors
listed above. At submission, please indicate in comments that you wish
to be considered for this issue.

Alex Dimitrov