[Comp-neuro] Neuroinformatics 2009: Application Deadline Extended

John Rolston jrolston at neuro.gatech.edu
Sat Apr 11 13:16:27 CEST 2009

We write to inform you of the opportunity for graduate students,
post-docs and colleagues to participate in the MBL special topics
course "Neuroinformatics" , described at the link below, devoted to
neuronal data analysis and modeling with an emphasis on signal
processing and statistics.

This course attracts leaders in the field to teach a unique and
intensive schedule.  In addition, faculty and students have numerous
opportunities for informal discussion and to analyze real data sets.
We believe that the educational experience and the ability to network
with leading scientists from many institutions, provided by this
course, is not available at any single home institution.

If each of you could generate one application we would be in terrific shape.

We have heard that potential participants are scared off by the cost
of tuition. However,

Substantial financial aid is available to help defray most of the
costs for attending the course.

Neuroinformatics
Course Dates: August 15 - 30, 2009
Directors:    Partha Mitra, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
     David Kleinfeld. UC San Diego
Location:  Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole MA

* Application Deadline: April 17, 2009 *

http://www.mbl.edu/education/courses/special_topics/neufo.html

This course contains pedagogical lectures on basic statistical
techniques as well as focused mini-workshops on specific neuroscience
topics where applications of these techniques are critical.

Thank you in advance for passing on this information.  Based on
comments from alumni this educational experience has had a profound
effect on their scientific career.

Sincerely,

Partha Mitra
David Kleinfeld