[Comp-neuro] postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience (UT Austin)

Ila Fiete prasad at kitp.ucsb.edu
Wed Jul 16 21:09:30 CEST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I apologize if you receive this post more than once. If relevant, please
pass this message on to any enthusiastic young researchers interested in
postdoctoral positions in computational neuroscience.

Postdoctoral research position in computational neuroscience

I'm happy to announce a postdoctoral research position in computational
neuroscience in my group at the Center for Learning and Memory, at the
University of Texas at Austin.  Projects will involve modeling the
dynamics of activity, plasticity, and learning in networks that underlie
complex behaviors -- including, but not limited to, neural integrators,
song production and learning in songbirds, and navigation in ants and
rodents. Interactions with the greater neuroscience community are
encouraged, and projects will frequently involve collaborations with
experimentalists. The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a
possibility of extension up to 3 years.

Environment: The Center for Learning and Memory is a new center for
integrative neuroscience at the University of Texas, Austin, and
consists of an energetic mix of junior and senior faculty who use
imaging, electrophysiology, molecular biology and biochemistry,
genetics, psychology, physics, and computer science techniques to study
the brain. The CLM is part of a much larger neuroscience community at UT
Austin. UT Austin has excellent programs in engineering, non-linear
dynamical systems, and the sciences. For more information, please see
http://www.klab.caltech.edu/~ila/ and http://www.clm.utexas.edu/ and
http://www.utexas.edu/neuroscience/.

To Apply: Applicants should be excited about research and have strong
quantitative training in Physics, Mathematics, Computational
Neuroscience, Computer Science, or Engineering. A demonstrated
dedication to and enthusiasm for research is a must.The ability to
program in Matlab or C and some knowledge of neuroscience is desirable
but not necessary.  If interested, please email me with a copy of your
CV or resume and a statement of research interests. Please arrange to
have 3 letters of recommendation sent to me by email. I will review
applications after receiving all the requested information. Application
review will begin immediately, and continue until all positions are filled.

Best regards,
Ila Fiete