[Comp-neuro] Multi-Scale Phenomena in Biology Workshop

B. Torben-Nielsen nielsen at oist.jp
Wed Jul 2 08:46:38 CEST 2008

Date: November 4, 2008 - November  6, 2008
Location: Okinawa,  Japan

Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Promotion Corporation
http://www.oist.jp/

"Multi-Scale Phenomena in Biology Workshop"

A multitude of biological phenomena are described at multiple levels.
What are the commonalities and differences between neuroscience,
evolutionary biology, molecular biology and ecology in this regard?
How can mathematics help in describing these phenomena? We have speakers
from different biological disciplines and from mathematics. Travel
scholarships available. We encourage the applications by graduate
students and post-docs who's research interests touch these subjects.

More information can be obtained from http://www.irp.oist.jp/tenu/multi.html
or contact workshop secretariat at multi at oist.jp.

Organizers:
Robert Sinclair and Klaus Stiefel